Monday, February 5, 2007

Why Support the Troops?




If I am anything, I am painstakingly honest, you all will soon learn that about me. With that said, I spent quite sometime this afternoon putting together an ever so eloquent post about why we should, unconditionally, support the troops. I went into detail about their decision to serve knowing full well that they may well lose their lives and that somewhere along the line they came to the sobering conclusion that they value their nation and all it stands for more than their individual life. I went on to say that this declaration alone should endear each and every one of these brave men and women to us. Alas, that is not the case and I listed some of the more infamous is this group; the likes of Jane Fonda, John Kerry, Cindy Sheehan and Jane Fonda again.

I continued on with one of the most amazing accounts of the familiar bond that serving together provides and how I was fortunate enough to witness the reuniting of some incredible Marines recently who had not seen each other in over three decades, yet their closeness and commitment to each other still remains unwavering.

I even went so far as to consider punishment for those who would dare degrade, insult or even spit on our beloved men and women in uniform. I concluded that nothing short of banishment from our borders was the just "reward" for such treason. Living in another country knowing full well that others were living the best life imaginable wrapped in the liberties that these brave heroes provide. And furthermore, the banished shall never ever set foot on the soil of the nation that they chose to desecrate.

The initial post was a thing of beauty in all honesty and I was exceedingly proud if it. Then, the unthinkable happened, my computer inexplicably turned off. I lost it all! I attempted to get my creative juices going again but it just wasn't to be. I even wove the unforgettable declaration from Lt. Cmdr. Galloway in "A Few Good Men" when asked why she was so vehemently willing to defend her clients. "Because they stand on a wall; and they say nothing is going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

I will end this abbreviated post with the same poignant message that I had originally, a message from one of these same men who proudly answers the call.

What is in the heart of an American fighting man? Listen

No comments: